1. Africa is the second largest continent after Asia, and its area is about 22% of the entire land area of Africa.
2. The total area of Africa is around 30 million kilometers square.
3. Africa is second driest continent in the world.
4. Africa is the hottest continent in the world.
5. There are 54 total countries in Africa.
6. Sudan is the largest country in Africa and the smallest country is Seychelles.
7. Africa’s most populated city is Cairo, capital of Egypt.
8. Africa is world’s largest diamond producer, approximately more than 50 %of world production.
9. Africa has the largest hot desert in the world.
10. At the starting of 20th century almost entire territory of Africa was colonized but Ethiopia and Liberia were independent.
11. During second Congo War, more than 5.4 million people died- second highest causalities after World War II.
12. Between 15th and 19th centuries, around 7-12 millions of Africans were kidnapped and sold to slavery in America.
13. Many countries of Africa are in the list of top 25 poorest and underdeveloped countries in the world.
14. The most people follow Islam or Christianity religion.
15. Nigeria is the fourth largest exporter of oil in the world and the largest oil producer in Africa.
16. Africa has more than 30% of total earth’s mineral resources.
17. The world’s longest river, Nile flows in Africa.
18. The biggest African island is Madagascar.
19. The largest waterfalls, Victoria Falls is in Africa.
20. Africa population is more than 1 billion and is second most populated continent.
21. The total population of Africa is about 16% of total earth’s population.
22. In African countries half of the population has not reached the age of 25 years.
23. There are over 25 million HIV positive people in Africa and more than 17 million people have already died from this disease.
24. About 90% malaria cases occur in Africa and about 3,000 children die from it every day.
25. Approximately 40% of population of Africa lacks secondary education.
26. There are around 2000 languages spoken on the continent.
27. The most spoken language is Arabic, other languages like English, Swahili, French and Hausa are second most popular languages.
28. Africa has the lowest life expectancy rate, men- 50 years and female- 48 years.
29. There are many rare species of plants and animals found in Africa like, hippos, giraffes and many others.
30. The world’s largest land animal – an African elephant lives in Africa. It can weigh from 6 to 7 tons.
31. The world’s fastest animal, cheetah lives in Africa.
32. Africa is crossed by equator and Prime Meridian, so it is most centrally located continent in the world.
33. Africa and Europe are separated by only 8.9 miles of ocean.
34. More than 90% of African soil is not suitable for agriculture.
35. Around 240 million of Africans suffers from malnutrition.
36. The highest mountain in Africa – Kilimanjaro, it is a volcano.
37. Africa’s most deadly animal is hippopotamus.
38. A country of Africa, Tanzania has the highest albinism rates. Albino children are attacked by the witchdoctors and cut their body parts to make tonics that they believe can heal diseases.
39. Africa’s most famous tourist destination is Egypt.
40. Africa’s most popular sports are soccer and cricket.